Sunday, August 7, 2011
Traveling on a Budget - Car Rentals!
Renting a car can be a tricky process. Here are some things for you to consider when traveling:
1. Car Rental Coverage – Some insurance and many credit cards have car rental coverage so take advantage of the ones that you have when you rent a car. All you have to do is pay with the credit card that will cover you. Just be sure to decline the insurance that the rental company offers.
2. Size of the Car – If you don't need a big car, choose one from the economy selection. This will save you money and gas!
3. Children's Car Seats – If you are traveling with children, you might think that bringing your car seat is cheaper. But most rental companies will provide car seats for a small fee, probably smaller than the extra luggage charge to bring yours on a plane. Call the rental company ahead of time to verify.
4. Fill up that Rental Car – When renting, be sure to decline the fuel charge that the company offers you and just fill it up yourself before returning the car. Even if the refuel charge from the company may seem cheaper, they will charge you for an entire tank of gas even if the tank is only half empty.
5. Coupon Codes – Sometimes car rental companies have coupon codes that can be used. Search online to see what you can take advantage of. Be sure you look for special rates for military members, seniors or AAA members.
As always, Ramada Downtown Hollywood reminds you to travel safely!