- Airline Tickets – Plan in advance and visit discount websites to see if there are better deals. While these sites might charge you a service fee ($5 or so), they can easily combine flight segments from different airlines easily to give you a great deal.
- Connecting Flights – These can be huge money savers for you, so don’t write it off right away.
- Travel Light – Airlines are starting to charge for everything now and if you have 2 bags or more, expect to be charged for it. Remember to not use over sized bags whenever possible and try to keep it all within one bag per person.
- Substitute – Think about packing really old clothes (if you plan to buy new ones on the trip). This way, you can keep one luggage and still have room for purchases.
- Always Look into Round Trip Tickets – Sometimes one way tickets can be very expensive. Even if you don't need a round trip ticket, it may be cheaper for you to buy one.
- Try to Get Back to the Same Airport – Flying in and out of the same airport is almost always cheaper. It’s not only the flight tickets but the car rentals as well.